We offer 0% interest monthly payments via Splitit. Splitit is the smartest way to buy what you want. With zero interest installments and no application or credit check, buying with Splitit puts you in control of your cash flow.
Splitit is a global payment solution enabling shoppers to pay for purchases with an existing debit or credit card by splitting the cost into interest-free monthly payments.
Credit Card: Splitit requests authorisation from the shopper's card company, reserving the total purchase amount from the shopper's available line of credit. Then, each month, according to the shopper's payment plan, the installment amount is collected and Splitit requests authorisation for the remaining balance.
Here is an example of how the service works for a customer buying a ring totalling £1,000 in 5 installments of £200 each:
1. Splitit obtains authorisation from the credit card company for the full purchase amount of £1,000. This is not a charge on the card; it is simply reserving £1,000 from the shopper's line of credit.
2. The credit card company then charges the shopper £200 for the first payment.
3. During the second month, Splitit requests authorisation for the outstanding purchase amount of £800, and charges the shopper the second installment of £200.
4. This authorisation and charge process continues until the full £1000 is collected–in this case, for 5 months.
Debit Card: Splitit requests authorisation from the shopper's card company, reserving the total purchase amount from the shopper's available line of credit. At the time of purchase, you will only be charged for the first payment, but the entire amount will be held on your debit card as a temporary hold, and released within 5 business days..
Here is an example of how the service works for a customer buying a pair of shoes totalling £300 in 3 instalments of £100 each.
1. Splitit obtains authorisation from the credit card company for the full purchase amount of £300. This is not a charge on the card; it is simply reserving £300 from the shopper's line of credit and will be released within 5 business days.
2. The credit card company charges the shopper £100 for the first payment.
3. During the second and third month the shopper is charged £100 until the payment plan is complete.
Yes, you must spend over £100 to qualify to use Splitit.
When spending between £100 and £300 you will have up to 4 months to pay your item off in full. When you spend over £300 but less than 1000 you will have up to 6 months and when you spend over 1000 you will have up to 12 months.
Each month, your credit card statement displays the installment charge amount for that month, along with the merchant name. You will also see the authorisation/hold for the outstanding amount dropping by one installment, every month. In addition, Splitit will email you after each successful installment charge.
When you make a purchase using Splitit, you will be asked to provide your email. Splitit sends you credentials so you can log in to the Splitit consumer portal to check your installment status and view other information regarding your purchase. The portal can also be found in the footer of the website.
Yes, you can. This option is available on your Splitit consumer portal or you can contact our customer care at email@example.com
You will not be charged interest and there are no hidden fees.
Nothing. If you use a Splitit installment plan there is no impact on your credit score. The bank simply sees the individual installment charges each month. If one of your payment authorisations is declined, there is still no effect on your credit rating; it is simply a declined charge.
Splitit allows you to use credit/ debit cards which expire in the middle of the installment plan. One month before the credit card expiration, Splitit will notify you via email and give you the option to switch the payments to your new card. You can switch credit cards directly via the Splitit consumer portal or you can contact our customer care team directly.
If something happens to your credit or debit card, please do the following:
1. Contact your card company to report the card lost.
2. Visit the Splitit portal and update your payment plan with another credit card. Go to the "payment plan information" tab, select your payment plan and click "update card details." Enter the new credit card details and click "confirm."
3. If you are having any trouble, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.